Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Fun Day

Today was a little cold (didn't get above 40) but it was very sunny and nice outside so my roommate and our good friend went on a hike up Tablerock. Before we left, I made some pancakes for breakfast and had some coffee :)
 The picture doesn't do the pancakes justice, but they are so yummy, and healthy too! I made the batter out of a banana and an egg. So simple, easy, and quick!


Here I am pre-hike showing off my hydration pack. My lovely mom got this for me for Christmas and this was my first time using it, so naturally this picture had to be taken. It actually came in handy, I love it!

Here is the view from the top of the trail! Note the snow in the corner... haha! Like I said, it was quite chilly but the sun sure was definitely shining! I love getting to the top of any hike. It is so satisfying!


Hiking worked up quite the appetite, and I was craving some fruit! Smoothies are my favorite because the blend of fruit is delicious and they are easy to whip up real quick! This one contains:

- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 5 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- A handful of grapes
- Chia seeds & flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk

It was a perfect post hike snack! I hope everyone else enjoyed their Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment