Saturday, April 26, 2014

Blueberry muffin smoothie


If you know me at all, then you know that I can not get enough of smoothies. They are my favorite, mostly because you just throw a bunch of stuff in one container and push a simple button. What can I say, I like easy. It is also much easier for me to drink all my fruits and veggies rather than eat them. Anywho, this smoothie was just kind of a last minute-I don't have anything in the fridge-I need to go grocery shopping-kind of smoothie. I threw some stuff together and was happy with it! I have other favorite smoothies, but this was not to shabby. I must say, the end result did taste exactly like my favorite blueberry muffin recipe from simplytaralynn.com. I think it was because I added a dash of cinnamon! Go ahead and try it for yourself. Here's what I blended:

-2 cups blueberries
-1 cup ice
-1 cup skim milk
-4 oz. vanilla yogurt
-1 tablespoon chia seed
-1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon



This recipe yields about 2 servings. I didn't add any protein powder, simply because I forgot too! I'll definitely add it next time and definitely recommend it! It's great in anything ou mix up. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment