Saturday, April 11, 2015

Blueberry Banana Smoothie with Coconut Water


Smoothies are seriously my favorite thing. It's so fun adding all sorts of different ingredients that are healthy. For example, I add spinach in all of my smoothies and can't even taste it, but it's great because it's in there and I'm still getting the great nutrients from it!

Frozen berries are my smoothie recipe holy grail. I always keep them stocked in my freezer, especially frozen blueberries (so I can make my killer blueberry muffins!), because they always come in handy for smoothies.

Here's what I used:
-1 cup of frozen blueberries (or unfrozen, just add more ice) 
-1 cup ice
-1 ripe banana
-1 cup coconut water
-5 ounces of Greek yogurt 
-2 tablespoons of chia seed
-2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
-1 scoop whey protein powder

Throw it all in your blender and go crazy! These are rough measurements, as I typically add more or less to adjust the consistency of the smoothie.

I used this coconut water from Trader Joe's:

I topped mine with a few more chia seeds and some dried cranberries :) Give it a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment